Speed up access to MacOSX

Morgan Storey
Hi Everyone,

I have a client who has a few macs, it is easy to admin there windows PC's with Tight vnc client and server. On the mac's I have enabled the default VNC and when I vnc in with the tight client it is slow as anything. I have tried dropping the colour depth, to no avail, what can I do to speed things up to a workable level?

Regards
Morgan Storey.

Re: Speed up access to MacOSX

Peter Rosin
On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:31:33PM +1100, Morgan Storey wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a client who has a few macs, it is easy to admin there windows PC's
> with Tight vnc client and server. On the mac's I have enabled the default
> VNC and when I vnc in with the tight client it is slow as anything. I have
> tried dropping the colour depth, to no avail, what can I do to speed things
> up to a workable level?

Hi Morgan,

I think you may have been bitten by the less than satisfactory performance
of the zlib/zlibhex encodings in the Mac server side implementation,
try to force hextile (I think it supports that) and see if things improve.

I'm just guessing though, it could easily be something else...

Cheers,
Peter