Set server geometry and resolution

nobody
Hi,

I am running TightVNC server on Windows 2012, how can I run the server to change -geometry and resolution? The TightVNC configuration does not have any field to change geometry and resolution.

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Re: Set server geometry and resolution

Patrick Shoaf
From what I have read in the VNCServer Command Line Manual ( http://www.tightvnc.com/doc/win/TightVNC_2.7_for_Windows_Server_Command-Line_Options.pdf ) You can not specify geometry like you do on Linux.  In Windows you can share your entire desktop (default), a display (monitor), a window, an application, or a area on your desktop.  VNC is sharing what ever you have defined for you console window.  You can not share a Remote Desktop Window.  I have had many issues when I have both RDP and VNC running on a server.  Linux offers you multiple choices, your console desktop or 1 or more virtual desktop where you define the size with geometry.  Each VNC session on Linux is a separate server process, while windows only has 1 server process.  I have never seen, nor heard discussed having multiple VNC server session running on Windows.

Hope this helps.

Patrick Shoaf

IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Set server geometry and resolution

nobody
Patrick Shoaf wrote
From what I have read in the VNCServer Command Line Manual (
http://www.tightvnc.com/doc/win/TightVNC_2.7_for_Windows_Server_Command-Line_Options.pdf
) You can not specify geometry like you do on Linux.
Thanks Patrick, good to know the limitations of running server on Windows.

Cheers.

- j