Services that need to be running for server & viewer

Services that need to be running for server & viewer

FredMc
Hello:

I've used several VNC apps successfully, but please pardon the question that follows; What system services are needed (Auto or manual) to run 1) the VNC server, xp home 2) the VNC viewer, xp pro?

Router ports and firewalls configed properly. Never started the server as a system service on boot, only from desktop.

After having (too many) services disabled by an overzealous nephew, I'm at my wits end to restore the VNC functionality.

The Dr. McCoy riff: "Darn it Jim, I'm an enduser not a programmer"

Thanks for your understanding -

Fred McT

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Services that need to be running for server & viewer

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Fred,

> After having (too many) services disabled by an overzealous nephew,
> I'm at my wits end to restore the VNC functionality.

Does other networking software work (e.g. a Web browser), or it's only
TightVNC that is not working?