Send CAPS lock key

Dave Hiner
Hello-

Is there a way to send a CAPS lock keystroke to an enduser?  We have people who leave the server with the caps lock turned on and the password is in lower case.  I have to call them to toggle the CAPS lock key.

Thanks

_______________________________

Dave Hiner ([hidden email])
Computer Services Department
Willoughby-Eastlake Schools
37047 Ridge Road
Willoughby, OH  44094
Phone: (440) 942-3615
Fax:     (440) 946-4671

PLEASE NOTE:  This message and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore may be available upon
 request in accordance with Ohio public record law. (ORC 149.43)

Re: Send CAPS lock key

Arfin Greebly

I, too have had occasionally this same problem.

I would be interested in knowing what can be done to force the state of
the host's CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK keys.

I have sometimes had success by going to a different window, hitting
CAPSLOCK there to change the local state, then switching back to the VNC
client window and hitting CAPSLOCK there.

However, that hasn't always worked.  Is there a way for force
synchronization of the CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK states?

~~ Garry