Scaling remote screen to windows size

Tommy-54
Hi,

I have a problem with tightvncviewer for Windows. I`m connection to
TightVNC serwer on linux with Windows version of tightvnc. After
connection tightvnc windows is smaller then remote screen and I have to
use scroll bar to see bottom of screen. Remote screen have only 800x600
my screen is FullHD 1080p. Under linux xvncviewer always fit windows
size to remote screen.

Can U help my with Windows version ?
--
email: [hidden email]
JID: [hidden email]

Re: Scaling remote screen to windows size

Rohit Patil
Hi Tommy,

You can use the "-geometry WxH" option when you start the server.

       vncserver  [:display]  [-geometry  widthxheight]  [-depth depth] [-pix-
       elformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN] [-name desktop-name] [Xvnc-options...]

       -geometry widthxheight
              Set desktop width and height.

For example:

bash$ vncserver -geometry 1024x768

I am not sure about tightvnc being able to dynamically resize the display.

-Rohit.

W dniu 2012-08-06 19:56, Rohit Patil pisze:

> Hi Tommy,
>
> You can use the "-geometry WxH" option when you start the server.
>
>         vncserver  [:display]  [-geometry  widthxheight]  [-depth depth] [-pix-
>         elformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN] [-name desktop-name] [Xvnc-options...]
>
>         -geometry widthxheight
>                Set desktop width and height.
>
> For example:
>
> bash$ vncserver -geometry 1024x768
>
> I am not sure about tightvnc being able to dynamically resize the display.
No No, I want 800x600 and I know how to change resolution.
I have problem with Windows viewer...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6278/vncq.jpg
Window is smaller then remote screen.

--
email:[hidden email]
JID:[hidden email]

Re: Scaling remote screen to windows size

Michael D. Setzer II
What happens if you click on the magnifying glass with the A in it
at the top. That is for the auto-resizing, and it works fine for me. I
am right now accessing my Linux box in Guam from Nevada, and
this computer has a much smaller screen, but it resizes fine?
Does it not work for you?

Date sent:       Mon, 06 Aug 2012 22:57:43 +0200
From:           Tommy <[hidden email]>
To:             [hidden email]
Subject:         Re: Scaling remote screen to windows size

> W dniu 2012-08-06 19:56, Rohit Patil pisze:
> > Hi Tommy,
> >
> > You can use the "-geometry WxH" option when you start the server.
> >
> >         vncserver  [:display]  [-geometry  widthxheight]  [-depth
> >         depth] [-pix- elformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN] [-name desktop-name]
> >         [Xvnc-options...]
> >
> >         -geometry widthxheight
> >                Set desktop width and height.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > bash$ vncserver -geometry 1024x768
> >
> > I am not sure about tightvnc being able to dynamically resize the
> > display.
> No No, I want 800x600 and I know how to change resolution.
> I have problem with Windows viewer...
> http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6278/vncq.jpg
> Window is smaller then remote screen.
>
> --
> email:[hidden email]
> JID:[hidden email]

  Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:[hidden email]
  mailto:[hidden email]
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        12640295.422806   |   EINSTEIN     8287814.459852
ROSETTA      4800171.754684   |   ABC         14623147.624775

W dniu 2012-08-06 23:30, Michael D. Setzer II pisze:
> What happens if you click on the magnifying glass with the A in it
> at the top. That is for the auto-resizing, and it works fine for me. I
> am right now accessing my Linux box in Guam from Nevada, and
> this computer has a much smaller screen, but it resizes fine?
> Does it not work for you?
"A" resize remote screen to local windows size, scall down remote
screen, loss quality. I want resize local windows to remote desktop size.
xvncviewer under linux works great.

--
email:[hidden email]
JID:[hidden email]