Reverse VNC connection always on

tdenson
I have a situation where I want to use reverse VNC to give me on-demand access to a VNC server which I cannot access via port forwarding. I can get it to work by manually starting the server and then running the viewer in listening mode, but I want to make it always accessible without having to proactively do anything at the server end. When I run VNCConnect it times out after 2 minutes, so I have put it in a crontab to relaunch every 2 minutes, but this all seems a bit clunky as after a while I have a number of VNCConnect tasks running, and also then when I am actually connected to the server it keeps starting a new VNC session each time CRONTAB launches another VNCConnect. Is there a recognised way of achieving what I want ?