Reinstalling TightVNC with default settings

Reinstalling TightVNC with default settings

Daniel Griscom
I'm having trouble with VNC on one machine. I expect the problem is
that I messed with the wrong setting and now life is strange.

I'd like to reinstall VNC, reverting to all of the default settings.
Will running the installer do this (I expect not), or must I go into
the registry and delete all of the *\Software\ORL keys?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel T. Griscom             [hidden email]
Suitable Systems              http://www.suitable.com/

Re: Reinstalling TightVNC with default settings

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Daniel,

> I'm having trouble with VNC on one machine. I expect the problem is
> that I messed with the wrong setting and now life is strange.
>
> I'd like to reinstall VNC, reverting to all of the default settings.
> Will running the installer do this (I expect not), or must I go into
> the registry and delete all of the *\Software\ORL keys?

Yes, TightVNC Server's registry settings are all under
*\Software\ORL\WinVNC3 (both in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_USERS).