Regarding Windows and Linux version

Hemang Raval
I want to know that what is the similarity in source code of tightVNC for its Windows and Linux version? can the same code be deployed on both Windows and Linux platform?  tightVNC for Windows seems to be Win32 application and if it is so then how could it be run on Linux platform?
In short I want to know that whether there two different application built under different platform or some intermediary is used for that. I want to build an application under windows which also run on Linux platforms? Is it possible?

Regards,
Hemang