ReadExact: SocketIPv4 error while reading

ReadExact: SocketIPv4 error while reading

KumarVarun Verma

When I try to launch the remote control with TightVNC, I get the "ReadExact : Socket IPv4 error while reading“ message, and I can't take the control of the remote host.

cid:image001.png@01CC253B.5EA372D0

What can I do ? Please Comment.

Re: ReadExact: SocketIPv4 error while reading

Arfin Greebly

Kumar,

Please advise which operating systems are running on both the server (host) and the remote (client).

Windows 7 installs with IPv6 enabled by default, and I have found this can create problems with routers that expect only IPv4.

This may have some bearing on your problem.

~~ Garry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ EditLive Enterprise is the world's most technically advanced content authoring tool. Experience the power of Track Changes, Inline Image Editing and ensure content is compliant with Accessibility Checking. http://p.sf.net/sfu/ephox-dev2dev

RE: ReadExact: SocketIPv4 error while reading

KumarVarun Verma

Hi Garry

Thank you for assisting. Server is running windows XP while the remote is Windows 2003 R2. This is happening as soon as I try to connect.

Both the hosts are pining each other. Java version is Version 6 Update 19. Windows Firewall is turned off on both the server and the remote host. Symantec Endpoint Protection is running on both the systems.

Note that this was working until last week. Also, other systems can access the remote host. The version is 2.0.3 (on both systems).

Regards

Varun