Re: Vnc question

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Dan,

> Im not sure if this is the right forum ..... I installed tight VNC on
> my PC and a sever running on my unix box.  I run TCl and Expect
> scripts.  When operating in a Unix window I can escape the script
> with a "cntrl-C" however when I try to escape the script from a VNC
> window on my PC "cntrl-C" does not work.  Any idea how I can map this
> key function?  I looked around in some files but could not find
> anything to do this.

Ctrl-C is a combination that should be passed via a VNC connection
without any problems. I'm not sure what might be wrong. Does this
combination work for other programs on the server side?

RE: Vnc question

Dan Brosnan (dbrosnan)
Constantin,

Yes it does.  If I run the script from a Unix box I can disconnect from
TCL server with a "cntrl-C" howver when I vnc into the same unix box a
cntrl-C does not do anything.

Dan B

> Im not sure if this is the right forum ..... I installed tight VNC on
> my PC and a sever running on my unix box.  I run TCl and Expect
> scripts.  When operating in a Unix window I can escape the script with

> a "cntrl-C" however when I try to escape the script from a VNC window
> on my PC "cntrl-C" does not work.  Any idea how I can map this key
> function?  I looked around in some files but could not find anything
> to do this.

Ctrl-C is a combination that should be passed via a VNC connection
without any problems. I'm not sure what might be wrong. Does this
combination work for other programs on the server side?

Re: Vnc question

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Dan,

>> Does this combination work for other programs on the server side?

> Yes it does.  If I run the script from a Unix box I can disconnect
> from TCL server with a "cntrl-C" howver when I vnc into the same unix
> box a cntrl-C does not do anything.

Ok, it works locally and does not work via VNC, right? I wonder if it
does not work via VNC only for a particular program, or does not work at
all.

Anyway, we would need a reproducible test case in order to verify and
fix the issue. The shortest way to get the issue fixed is to describe in
detail the procedure of reproducing the problem, in the TightVNC bug
tracker:

     http://www.tightvnc.com/bugs.html

RE: Vnc question single application

Mikell F van der Laan
Is it possible to have the server and client configured to run a single
application, rather than a desktop, if not I may add that functionality

>> Does this combination work for other programs on the server side?

> Yes it does.  If I run the script from a Unix box I can disconnect
> from TCL server with a "cntrl-C" howver when I vnc into the same unix
> box a cntrl-C does not do anything.

Ok, it works locally and does not work via VNC, right? I wonder if it
does not work via VNC only for a particular program, or does not work at
all.

Anyway, we would need a reproducible test case in order to verify and
fix the issue. The shortest way to get the issue fixed is to describe in
detail the procedure of reproducing the problem, in the TightVNC bug
tracker:

     http://www.tightvnc.com/bugs.html

Re: Vnc question single application

> Is it possible to have the server and client configured to run a
> single application, rather than a desktop, if not I may add that
> functionality

1. In current version (Windows only), it's possible to share a single
window or a rectangular area on the screen.

2. There is a version that allows sharing all windows of a selected
application (Windows only, too), it's available in the SVN repository:

http://vnc-tight.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vnc-tight/orig/trunk/vnc_winsrc/

Unfortunately, that version is outdated and does not include a number of
recent improvements from 1.3.9. I hope all of this code will be joined
together some day.