Re:Re: No password configured

Jim Seargeant
Thank you, Patrick.  I had set up passwords but did it again; no change.

Then I started digging around and found that TurboVNC server was running, despite having been uninstalled and no evidence of it in the uninstall software list.  I got rid of TurboVNC by editing the register and tried TightVNC again.

This time the host rejected the client's attempts, or words to that effect.

For now, I give up.  I'll have to use TeamViewer until I can get time to work with TightVNC again; I do prefer TV for my simple remote control needs.

Jim Seargeant

Re: No password configured

John Serink
By editing the registry(you don't say exactly what you edited) I assume you simply configured turbovnc's service not to start. This is fine except that now nothing is running to accept connections on port 5900.

You could fix this by hand but that requires a bit of know how.

Safest way to remedy this is to reinstall TVNC. It should work after your reinstall.

Cheers,
John

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.