Re: LastRect clarification needed.

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Peter,

>> No, the order should not make any difference in this case.
>
> If the order shouldn't make a difference, you seem to have a problem
> with your code.

Confirmed. It looks like there is a bug. Hopefully I'll have some spare
time to fix it in the nearest time.

All TightVNC viewers always requested LastRect (and other
pseudo-encodings) after the list of true encodings (as for real
encodings, the order does matter). That's why the bug was not caught before.

Thank you for investigating this problem.

Re: LastRect clarification needed.

Peter Rosin
Hi Constantin,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 08:40:53AM +0600, Constantin Kaplinsky wrote:
> Confirmed. It looks like there is a bug. Hopefully I'll have some spare
> time to fix it in the nearest time.

No rush, if you ask me. It is probably wise for a client to put the
pseudo-encodings last even if this bug is fixed in TightVNC, as
other implementations are not unlikely to exhibit similar problems.

> All TightVNC viewers always requested LastRect (and other
> pseudo-encodings) after the list of true encodings (as for real
> encodings, the order does matter). That's why the bug was not caught before.
>
> Thank you for investigating this problem.

No problem.

Cheers,
Peter