Question

Tom Fisher

I am a new user of "TightVNC" and I have a small issue that I do not yet understand.

If I move the cursor over the VNC icon it tells me "TightVNC Service Not listening"

What does this mean and how do I correct the issue.

Thank You,

Tom Fisher

Re: Question

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Tom,

> I am a new user of "TightVNC" and I have a small issue that I do not
> yet understand.
>
> If I move the cursor over the VNC icon it tells me "TightVNC Service
> – Not listening"
>
> What does this mean and how do I correct the issue.

This means incoming connections are disabled. Double-click the icon and
check the "Accept socket connections" setting. Also, as you run the
TightVNC Server as a service, don't forget to check the default settings
(Start -> Programs -> TightVNC -> Administration -> Show Default Settings).

RE: Question

Tom Fisher-2
Thank You, it is working.