Problems connecting within the LAN

scott-21
  I have the vnc server running on my SuSE Linux machine and tried
starting the VNC viewer on the Windows machine.  On the viewer I first
try entering the Linux machines address and then the :2" for the display
number and then when that fails, I tried entering the address and then a
":5900" which is the TCP/IP port number.  Both fail with "Failed to
connect to server."  So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!