Port forwarding question

ksaltus
I'm  having a problem configuring my desktop and laptop to run TightVNC. Do I set up both computers for port forwarding or just my desktop? I'm doing this while they're both in my office using the same router.  I just keep getting "connection failed" messages when I tried to connect them. I've only configured my desktop with port forwarding thus far.
Many thanks,
ksaltus