Quantcast

Paste buffer in view-only window

Barry D. Hassler
Had a very surprising situation happen today...

I was using vncviewer (TightVNC Viewer version 1.3.9) on Ubuntu
14.04.3 in viewonly mode to another workstation. I had copied text
from an email, apparently clicked on the VNC window, and when the
person on the system I was watching did a Paste, the text that *I* had
copied was in their buffer, so pasted MY text into their window.
Yikes!

I confirmed this via another occurence of the same situation.

-Barry

RE: Paste buffer in view-only window

John Serink
Tight VNC1.3.9 is REALLY old.
The last linux versin was 1.3.10 but since there has been no development, I moved to Tigervnc.

Had a very surprising situation happen today...

I was using vncviewer (TightVNC Viewer version 1.3.9) on Ubuntu
14.04.3 in viewonly mode to another workstation. I had copied text from an email, apparently clicked on the VNC window, and when the person on the system I was watching did a Paste, the text that *I* had copied was in their buffer, so pasted MY text into their window.
Yikes!

I confirmed this via another occurence of the same situation.

-Barry

Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!