Passing a password to tightvnc in Puppy Linux 4.1.2

Passing a password to tightvnc in Puppy Linux 4.1.2

Jim Isbell, W5JAI
I am running tightvnc under Puppy 4.1.2 and controling an XP box on my LAN

I am using tightvnc 1.2.9 as designed for Puppy 3. and found
libXaw95.so.7 elsewhere and copied it to the lib directory to get it
to work on Puppy 4.1.2

I finally figured out the syntax to pass the address in the script,
but do not have ViewerVNC which is apparently the program I need to
create the password file that can be passed to tightvnc.

Where can I find the necessary program to create the password file,
and where does the password file reside after creation?
--
Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."

Re: Passing a password to tightvnc in Puppy Linux 4.1.2

Frank Bax
Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> I finally figured out the syntax to pass the address in the script,
> but do not have ViewerVNC which is apparently the program I need to
> create the password file that can be passed to tightvnc.

What "script" are you referring to?  ViewerVNC is NOT the program used
to create password file.  The correct program can be found by reading
'man vncviewer'.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM, Frank Bax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What "script" are you referring to?  ViewerVNC is NOT the program used
> to create password file.  The correct program can be found by reading
> 'man vncviewer'.

I wrote a script in bash that resides under an Icon on my desktop from
which I access tightvnc.  I have three computers to access so each
icon and each script is different.  For instance the script to my
telephone server is :

tightvnc 192.168.1.103

I would like to add the password to the script so I can avoid having
to enter it every time:

tightvnc -passwd 192.168.1.103

I know the name of the program I need is not as I stated, but I dont
have it.  Also, man vncviewer page shows vncpasswd to be the program,
but I am running tightvnc, not vncviewer.  I would try vncpasswd, but
I dont have it nor can I find it.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."

Removing email address

Andrew Thompson-26
How the hell do I remove my e-mail address from these mailings??

I have tried several time now, but still end up receiving these fucking
email questions.

Will someone please delete my e-mail address permanently.

Re: Removing email address

Doug-70
At 18:14 3/18/2009, Andrew Thompson wrote:
 >How the hell do I remove my e-mail address from these mailings??
 >
 >I have tried several time now, but still end up receiving these fraking
 >email questions.
 >
 >Will someone please delete my e-mail address permanently.

Did you check the headers?

Re: Removing email address

Rohit Patil
Relax :)