No password configured

Jim Seargeant
I'm stuck with  "Authentication reasons: No password configured for VNC Auth"  from the viewer when trying to hook up to a remote server.

In both client and server, Tight VNC seemed to install OK.  I've set passwords everywhere I can find in the service configuration, but I can get past that error.

How do I get around it?

I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but I don't know how to search the list history.

Jim Seargeant

Re: No password configured

Patrick Shoaf
If you are running on any version of windows, you need to set the passwords and configuration on the server.  To do that you need to first determine if you are running in Application or Service mode.  Then you can get to the correct configuration and setup the passwords.  If VNC Server is running, and the icon is visible in the notification area, right click on the icon and select configuration.  If you have set a config password enter it now.  When you have the window open, go to the Administration tab, this is where the password is set for configuration.

Got to the server tab to set/unset/change password for connecting...

Who can connect/not connect is controlled on the Access Control Tab.

Good Luck.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

On 2/8/2016 5:15 PM, Jim Seargeant wrote:
I'm stuck with  "Authentication reasons: No password configured for VNC Auth"  from the viewer when trying to hook up to a remote server.

In both client and server, Tight VNC seemed to install OK.  I've set passwords everywhere I can find in the service configuration, but I can get past that error.

How do I get around it?

I'm sure this has been dealt with before, but I don't know how to search the list history.

Jim Seargeant

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment