My host name is no longer recognized

Gerry-31
I've been using my host name recently vice remote's IP address & worked fine except 4 days ago tight vnc viwer to see the other remote desktop, keeps saying it cannot connect.  What do recommend for my Windows XP Pro?  Gerry

608-1041A.jpg (14K) Download Attachment

Re: My host name is no longer recognized

Gerard Seibert-2
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:05:30 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
"Gerry" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been using my host name recently vice remote's IP address &
> worked fine except 4 days ago tight vnc viwer to see the other remote
> desktop, keeps saying it cannot connect.  What do recommend for my
> Windows XP Pro?  Gerry

Are you sure that the client is still running on the remote machine? I
have experienced this problem in the past. Specifying the OS and version
of TightVNC running on both machines would help matters also.

--
Gerard
[hidden email]

No matter where I go, the place is always called "here".

Re: My host name is no longer recognized

Charles Aulbach
I doubt that the problem is with VNC.  It sounds like the network's name
servers (DNS or WINS) are not functioning correctly.  Since you probably
don't control these, you can use just the IP address until the situation is
rectified.