Multiple VNC connections

Leon Henry

How does one set up access to multiple workstations on the

remote network using TightVNC?  I have one working, but have

not figured out how to set up additional VNCs on the router for

more workstations on that network.

Also, aside from a static internet IP address for our router (very

expensive), what is the best way to keep track of the router

internet address since my DSL provider seems to change it a lot.

I have seen some products which apparently monitor the router

internet address on a workstation on the local network and some

send an email when it changes.  Is that the best way to go?

Leon Henry

Re: Multiple VNC connections

Scott C. Best
Leon:

  Heya. Have a look here:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/64.html

cheers,
Scott

> How does one set up access to multiple workstations on the
> remote network using TightVNC?  I have one working, but have
> not figured out how to set up additional VNCs on the router for
> more workstations on that network.
>
> Also, aside from a static internet IP address for our router (very
> expensive), what is the best way to keep track of the router
> internet address since my DSL provider seems to change it a lot.
> I have seen some products which apparently monitor the router
> internet address on a workstation on the local network and some
> send an email when it changes.  Is that the best way to go?
>
> Leon Henry

Re: Re: Multiple VNC connections

A B-19
> > How does one set up access to multiple workstations on the

> > remote network using TightVNC?  I have one working, but have
> > not figured out how to set up additional VNCs on the router for
> > more workstations on that network.
> >
> > Also, aside from a static internet IP address for our router (very
> > expensive), what is the best way to keep track of the router
> > internet address since my DSL provider seems to change it a lot.
> > I have seen some products which apparently monitor the router
> > internet address on a workstation on the local network and some
> > send an email when it changes.  Is that the best way to go?
> >
> > Leon Henry
> > [hidden email]
Have you checked out www.dyndns.org ? :-)

RE: Multiple VNC connections