Mouse problems

BLL

Mouse problems

BLL
Hi, I use tightVNC to access my Raspberry Pi from my Win7 laptop.
It is currently driving me up the wall!
On numerous occasions, I find I can't move the remote mouse cursor. Using the refresh button usually restores it. Worse, I suddenly lose use of the mouse buttons and keyboard. Nothing allows me to get it back, short of rebooting the raspberry pi, usually by having to remove power, which is not a good idea!
What can I do to sort this as, at the moment, the remote control is so unreliable as to little better than useless!