Management Interface

Mark Ragan
Does anyone know of a tool which will allow you to view thumbnails of multiple computers simultaneous?  Specifically, we are a school and I would like to provide a tool to the teachers so that they can see all the laptops in use and monitor.  I know there are tools out there that do just that but they are all very expensive.

Thanks

Re: Management Interface

Evan-37
Smartcode VNC Manager
it's also cheap
and can take snapshots as well

Does anyone know of a tool which will allow you to view thumbnails of multiple computers simultaneous?  Specifically, we are a school and I would like to provide a tool to the teachers so that they can see all the laptops in use and monitor.  I know there are tools out there that do just that but they are all very expensive.

Thanks

RE: Management Interface

Steveb-4
There's another one at http://www.vncscan.com that doesn't rely upon VNC being installed on each computer.  It's very stealth.  It's also cheaper.  :)

Does anyone know of a tool which will allow you to view thumbnails of multiple computers simultaneous?  Specifically, we are a school and I would like to provide a tool to the teachers so that they can see all the laptops in use and monitor.  I know there are tools out there that do just that but they are all very expensive.

Thanks

Re: Management Interface

Charles Aulbach
You might also check out VNCon.  It's basic and somewhat dated (2004), runs on Win98 through XP (I know for sure, ?Vista?, don't know).  However, it's freeware.  You might have to do some fiddling to get the results you want.