Major problems with Installing DFMirage

Maverick88

I am new to tightvnc for Windows.  But I have used TightVNC for quite some time on Linux.

I just installed the latest version of TightVNC on a Windows PC and setup the VNC server as a system service.  Then I installed your DFMirage driver.

After a reboot, my graphics were terrible.  The best resolution was 800x600.  (Normally I run 1024x768).  I tried to change the resolution but was unable.  800x600 was the best I could get.  In addition, the whole screen was shifted to the left.  I could not see START in the lower left corner, only "RT"".

I quickly uninstalled your driver.  During the uninstallation, it asked for a reboot.  After the reboot, the graphics were still terrible.

I was lucky!  I created a RESTORE POINT before installing DFMirage.  After restoring the restore point, my graphics returned to normal.

It looks like there is something seriously wrong with your DFMirage software.

I an running a brand new computer with a fresh installation of Windows XP SP2 with all the patches.  The video card is NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS.  Driver version is 9.1.4.7 signed my Microsoft.

If there is a fix or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.  I would like to use DFMirage with TightVNC.  I suspect that using TightVNC without the DFMirage driver will be sluggish.

Rob

Re: Major problems with Installing DFMirage

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Robert,

> I just installed the latest version of TightVNC on a Windows PC and
> setup the VNC server as a system service.  Then I installed your
> DFMirage driver.
>
> After a reboot, my graphics were terrible.  The best resolution was
> 800x600.  (Normally I run 1024x768).  I tried to change the
> resolution but was unable.  800x600 was the best I could get.  In
> addition, the whole screen was shifted to the left.  I could not see
> START in the lower left corner, only "RT"".

Please contact DemoForge developers, authors of the DFMirage driver, I'm
sure they are interested to fix the problem if not yet fixed in the
latest version.