Keyboard stuff...

Jesus M. Bianco T.
Hello,

I am using the windows client version of TightVNC that run on my
windows XP sp2 at my job. It has a traditional english keyboard. On
my home I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 running a VNC server with another
english traditional keyboard.

It's work fine, but I have some issues with the keyboard, all the
keys work properly (A-Z and 0-9), but I would like to know how I can
change the keyboard layout when I am running the client VNC in win32:
the "Alt" key to has the behavior of the Apple key, I mean if I want
to use the copy and paste short cut, how I can use the Alt key in
windows to send the equivalent to Apple key to the server Mac Host ?

Thanks for your time,

Re: Keyboard stuff...

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Jesus,

> I am using the windows client version of TightVNC that run on my
> windows XP sp2 at my job. It has a traditional english keyboard. On
> my home I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11 running a VNC server with another
> english traditional keyboard.
>
> It's work fine, but I have some issues with the keyboard, all the
> keys work properly (A-Z and 0-9), but I would like to know how I can
> change the keyboard layout when I am running the client VNC in win32:
> the "Alt" key to has the behavior of the Apple key, I mean if I want
> to use the copy and paste short cut, how I can use the Alt key in
> windows to send the equivalent to Apple key to the server Mac Host ?

TightVNC does not include a version for Mac OS X, so I'm not sure how
the server you are using processes the Alt key sent over the RFB
protocol. However, TightVNC viewer has a feature to send "Meta" key
instead of "Alt". This feature can be turned on with the ScrollLock key.
Not sure if that would help, but just for your information.