Java Viewer on Internet Explorer

Robin-Vossen
Hello all,

I have a small Question..
I am working on a Linux Pc that is going to be a Remote Box.
The server is running Fedora Core 6 and its running the Xvnc Server.
So, well I made a page that runs the Java Viewer or yours.
Works Great ^^ on Firefox..
But when I try InternetExplorer(6 and 7) it doesnt load the Java Applet at all.
Well It loads but It doesnt show anything. I have asked around on a server Forums/Mailing lists already.
And, after all the reasearch I figured out:
 - Its not IEs fault nor JRE. Since IE doesnt run Java at all, and the same JRE is beeing used on Firefox and Opera..
 - It should just work, nobody understands it.
So, I thought Id ask the VNC users. Who knows why it doesnt run? and How to make it run?

Oh, and a Question all aside from this, does it run on all Java Browsers? Konqurer, Safari, Firefox, Seamonkey, Iceweasel, Opera, IE, Netscape and Minimo?

I hope you guys can help me out,
Cheers
 - Robin

Windows Live Messenger het beste van de toekomst Download NU! Windows Live Messenger!

Re: Java Viewer on Internet Explorer

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Robin,

> So, well I made a page that runs the Java Viewer or yours. Works
> Great ^^ on Firefox.. But when I try InternetExplorer(6 and 7) it
> doesnt load the Java Applet at all.

TightVNC Java viewer is known to work fine in IE (I test each publicly
released version with IE6). Not sure why it does not work in your case.

> Oh, and a Question all aside from this, does it run on all Java
> Browsers? Konqurer, Safari, Firefox, Seamonkey, Iceweasel, Opera, IE,
> Netscape and Minimo?

That's Java, it should not depend on the browser type, provided that
Java is supported and JRE version is good (1.1 or above).