Quantcast

Is there any way to change port setting so not using Port 5500?

Is there any way to change port setting so not using Port 5500?

Alan Goldreich

I have a conflict – how is TightVNC set so Port 5500 not used?

Alan J Goldreich, cpa, ca

Re: Is there any way to change port setting so not using Port 5500?

Marty Chafkin
When you open the viewer and type in the address of the server, add this to the address:

::[port number]

For example, if you want to connect to port 6100 at address 192.168.1.100 you would type

192.168.1.100::6100

On the server side, right click on the icon in the notification area and click on Options.  In the window that opens, choose the Connections tab.  The first entry is the port number.  In our above example, you would just enter 6100.

Hope that this answers your question.

Marty Chafkin

PERFECTIONELECTRICKS

1155 Manhattan Avenue

Unit 4-3-1

Brooklyn NY 11222

718.383.1155

[hidden email]

On 4/7/2015 2:21 PM, Alan Goldreich wrote:

I have a conflict – how is TightVNC set so Port 5500 not used?

Alan J Goldreich, cpa, ca

RE: Is there any way to change port setting so not using Port 5500?

Peter O'Brien

Hi Alan

Does this help?

RE: Is there any way to change port setting so not using Port 5500?

johncunniff

Peter,

I noticed that you have disabled the web java support. I think that is a good diea. Because of the security problems, I think so.

Does that means you have to ask your friends who is in assisting you with your programs or operating system, they have to use their VNC Viewer?

I have Java support as I have tried remotely accessed to my host computer, unfortunately, Java has a very strict security that prevented me from accessing it. It is not easy for me to configure the Safe Site List so, I dropped this all together!

So, that means that I have to download TightVNC Viewer on my remote host (or friends to have to use TightVNC Viewer themselves).

~Johnny J