Is TghtVNC IPv6-capable?

kauer
I apologise in advance if this is a silly question, but my adventures in
Google on this topic have been inconclusive.

What's needed is an IPv6-capable VNC server fopr Windows. I've tested
TightVNC as best I can, and as far as I can tell it does not bind to
IPv6 interfaces. I've looked in the release notes, config file and the
doco, and nothing there suggests IPv6-capability. However, there was at
one stage a set of patches that seemed to make TightVNC IPv6-capable,
but they are years old. And the Linux VNC client-server set *does*
support IPv6 (imperfectly, but workably).

I'm not (yet) very familiar with TightVNC, so I may have missed
something.

Can someone give me a straight and current answer? Is TightVNC
IPv6-capable?

Regards, K.

Re: Is TghtVNC IPv6-capable?

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Karl,

> Can someone give me a straight and current answer? Is TightVNC
> IPv6-capable?

No, it is not.

RE: Is TghtVNC IPv6-capable?

James Weatherall
Karl,

IPv6 is supported by the latest (retail) VNC Enterprise & Personal Edition servers.

HTH,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd

Re: Is TghtVNC IPv6-capable?

ttw+vnc
On 23.06-16:47, James Weatherall wrote:
[ ... ]
> > > Can someone give me a straight and current answer? Is TightVNC
> > > IPv6-capable?
> >
> > No, it is not.
[ ... ]
> IPv6 is supported by the latest (retail) VNC Enterprise & Personal Edition servers.

i have run tightvnc over ipv6 using inetd.  this was some time ago so
i don't remember much about it.  it was based on 'xinetd' and 'ssltunnel'.