Internet does not work during TightVNC Session

Internet does not work during TightVNC Session

Paul Flagge
Internet does not work during TightVNC Session

I hope I can explain this to where you get the idea of the problem that I am having.  Basically, I have a setup where a Vista Ultimate client controls a Vista Home Premium host computer.  I can connect and control the host computer just fine.  My problem is on the client and host computer, the internet connection seems to break when I have the VNC Server running.

Like I said, the VNC connection works fine, but when I try to connect to the internet, it gives me the internet not available error and one of the issues it list as a possible cause is that the IP address of the machine was not able to be retrieved.

When I stop the server and reboot my router (D-Link), I can get back on the internet.  Just rebooting my router does not work, I have to shut down the VNC server.

Is there some setup requirement that I missed that is causing my internet connection not to work when the VNC server is running?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Paul