In process Tight VNC

sandipchitale-2
Folks,

Is it possible to have in-process tight vnc server and client communicating with each other using shared memory instead of socket?

I know this is a strange request (or may be not)...however the scenario is somewhat like this. I have an application with two windows - say window A and window B - both inside the same OS process. I want the VNC server to capture window A (or some sub area thereof) and the VNC client display the same in window B (or some sub area thereof). This should handle showing the cursor as well as blinking caret. The keyboard and mouse interaction with window A should work through window B. Lastly this should should work even if the window A is off screen.

I am interested in in-process aspect of this because I want yo programmatically access other aspects of window A?

Is such a thing possible with existing VNC architecture? Can the VNC client be a Java VNC client which uses a lightweight Swing component?

thanks in advance,
Sandip

Re: In process Tight VNC

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Sandip,

> Is it possible to have in-process tight vnc server and client
> communicating with each other using shared memory instead of socket?

No, TightVNC does not have support for something like that.