How to send keystroke to remote machine

Patrick Shoaf
Back in Sept 2013 Boris sent an email (see below) requesting information on how to send keystroke through VNC, specifically the Windows Key plus a 2nd key.  I was searching the emails I have saved and never saw a reply.  I am in need of the same thing, I wish to send keystrokes to remote computer.  I have TightVNC 2.7.10 installed on both sides.  Windows version vary Win XP SP2, Win 7 Pro 64bit, Win 8, Win 8.1, and a few others.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Hej all,

I've got a topic that might be easy to handle, anyway I'm blind....

On a remote Win2012R2-Server I've got the tightvnc-daemon installed and
working fine. I 'm used to connect it from my local Debian-box through a
tunnel by typing

# vncviewer -via [hidden email] Win2012Srv

As it seems to be necessary to use the Windows-keys for working with
Win8 and Server2012 I need to get those key-sequences like <Win>-<X> or
<Win>-<I> transmitted.

How can I do?

Thanks and regards,

Boris
--

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment
vnc

RE: How to send keystroke to remote machine

vnc

I do this all the time, mostly from my PC to my MAC because the Windows key = the CMD key on the MAC.

However, it does not work unless TightVNC is in full screen mode. When in windowed mode any key modifier (Windows key, control key, alt, etc.) are accepted (trapped?) by Windows, but when I go to full screen mode (Shift-Ctrl-Alt-F, not just clicking the maximize button) all those keys are sent to the remote connection.

PS: Write down that key combo for full screen mode because it's the only way out of full screen mode!

Regards,

[...]

http://www.ericvalor.org

* Le meilleur vin avec les meilleurs amis...  *