How to mute remote bell

girish subramanian
Hi,

I am new to TightVnc. Just installed the viewer on my Win XP PC a few days back and connected to the VNC server running on Solaris workstation.
I keep getting the remote bell events (like when you hit backspace at a terminal window prompt when theres nothing to backspace actually. Also happens when I hit tab to tab-complete something I type at the command prompt) in my headphones. Its really annoying. I dont want to mute my Win XP PC speakers since I am listening to some music running on the PC.
Is there any way I can avoid these remote bell events from being sent from the workstation through the VNC session to my PC ?

I tried the option 'Deiconify on remote bell event' under the 'connection options' in the viewer, but it does not do anything for this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
keychey.

RE: How to mute remote bell

James Weatherall-2
Hi Girish,

If you upgrade to the standard VNC Free Edition 4.1.2 release, you can
disable the bell by un-ticking the Misc->Beep when requested to by server
option.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd