How do you connect ??

krea
HI guys,
I installed the tightvnc server on my home computer, and i forwarded the ports on my router, so, how do i connect to my pc from another pc via the internet/web ?

thanks,
kevin rea
palmdale, california

Re: How do you connect ??

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Kevin,

> I installed the tightvnc server on my home computer, and i forwarded the
> ports on my router, so, how do i connect to my pc from another pc via the
> internet/web ?

If you would like to use the Web interface (the Java viewer), enter the
router's external IP and the forwarded HTTP port. Make sure both HTTP
and RFB ports are properly forwarded (5800 and 5900 by default).

The URL would look like this:

  http://ip-address:5800/