How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Jan Christian Nielsen

Hi,

I need to make a window appear on the vnc-server when a client makes a successful connection. The window have to close when the connection is closed and if the window is closed the connection has to be forcible terminated.

I cannot figure out where to put the calls to the code that opens and closes the window and terminates the connection.

I don’t know a lot about the Windows API and even less about the tightvnc -source. I know how to open a window, though.

Help would be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Jan Chr. Nielsen

Student
Informatics and Business Processes

FORCE Technology
Park Allé 345
2605 Brøndby
Denmark

Phone: +45 43 26 70 00
Direct: +45 43 26 76 70
Fax: +45 43 26 70 11
e-mail:
[hidden email]
www:
www.forcetechnology.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
information intended for the addressee(s) only. The information is not to be
surrendered or copied to unauthorised persons. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email at: [hidden email]

Re: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Akimov Konstantin-2
Hi,

See method "RfbClient::execute()" in rfb-sconn/RfbClient.cpp.

Best Regards,
Konstantin Akimov

2012/7/30 Jan Christian Nielsen <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I need to make a window appear on the vnc-server when a client makes a successful connection. The window have to close when the connection is closed and if the window is closed the connection has to be forcible terminated.

I cannot figure out where to put the calls to the code that opens and closes the window and terminates the connection.

I don’t know a lot about the Windows API and even less about the tightvnc -source. I know how to open a window, though.

Help would be much appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Jan Chr. Nielsen

Student
Informatics and Business Processes

FORCE Technology
Park Allé 345
2605 Brøndby
Denmark

Phone: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2070%2000" value="+4543267000" target="_blank">+45 43 26 70 00
Direct: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2076%2070" value="+4543267670" target="_blank">+45 43 26 76 70
Fax: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2070%2011" value="+4543267011" target="_blank">+45 43 26 70 11
e-mail:
[hidden email]
www:
www.forcetechnology.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
information intended for the addressee(s) only. The information is not to be
surrendered or copied to unauthorised persons. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email at: [hidden email]

RE: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Jan Christian Nielsen

Thank you. I had come to the same conclusion and I have modified RfbClient and RfbInitializer

to open a window. The modified files are attached to this email.

This work fine when vnc-server is started as an ordinary application, but when it is started

as a service the window doesn't appear even though the code is executed.

Does anybody know what's wrong?

[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2070%2000" target="_blank">+45 43 26 70 00
Direct: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2076%2070" target="_blank">+45 43 26 76 70
Fax: <a href="tel:%2B45%2043%2026%2070%2011" target="_blank">+45 43 26 70 11
e-mail:
[hidden email]
www:
www.forcetechnology.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
information intended for the addressee(s) only. The information is not to be
surrendered or copied to unauthorised persons. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email at: [hidden email]

RfbInitializer.cpp (21K) Download Attachment
RfbClient.cpp (15K) Download Attachment
RfbClient.h (6K) Download Attachment
RfbInitializer.h (5K) Download Attachment

FW: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Jan Christian Nielsen

Here with files that compile.

[...]

tvnserver.cpp (13K) Download Attachment
RfbClient.cpp (15K) Download Attachment
RfbClient.h (6K) Download Attachment
RfbInitializer.cpp (21K) Download Attachment
RfbInitializer.h (5K) Download Attachment

Re: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Hello Jan,

> This work fine when vnc-server is started as an ordinary application,
> but when it is started as a service the window doesn't appear even though the code is executed.
>
> Does anybody know what's wrong?

The service is separated from the GUI. Unfortunately, you cannot access
user's desktop from the service directly. The only way to go is to do
the work in a child process. For an example, see how we implement
querying local used on incoming connection.

By the way, our company could customize TightVNC for you. Please write
to [hidden email] if you are interested.

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Constantin Kaplinsky

Visit TightVNC Web site:      http://www.tightvnc.com/
Follow TightVNC on Twitter:   http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc

Re: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Constantin Kaplinsky
Jan,

> For an example, see how we implement
> querying local used on incoming connection.

I'm sorry for the typo, I intended to write "local user".

--
Best Regards,
Constantin Kaplinsky
GlavSoft LLC

Visit TightVNC Web site:      http://www.tightvnc.com/
Follow TightVNC on Twitter:   http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc

RE: How do I make window appear on the vnc-server?

Jan Christian Nielsen

First I started the child process with Process, this didn't work when vnc was started as a service. Then I tried CurrentConsoleProcess, this works when vnc is a service on Windows 7, but on Windows XP the window doesn't appear even though the child process is started. I assume, but I am not sure, that the problem is that the child process is started as belonging to the system user and not the logged on user. Vnc starts a process as the logged on user. How do you do that?

--
Jan Nielsen