Hangs with window "Staus: protocol version negotiated"

Hangs with window "Staus: protocol version negotiated"

Joseph Acquisto
TightVNC-1.3.9.  When launched, seems to do something, then just hangs there with the following  message:

"Connecting to 192.168.0.xx:1"
"Staus: protocol version negotiated"

log contains:

Connected to 192.168.0.x port 5901
RFB server supports protocol version 3.130
Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8

But the time stamp is from earlier this AM, while I was first installing.  There appear to be nothing new in there.

Can get connected via web browser at :5801

Advice?

joe a.

Re: Hangs with window "Staus: protocol version negotiated"

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Joe,

> Connected to 192.168.0.x port 5901
> RFB server supports protocol version 3.130
> Connected to RFB server, using protocol version 3.8

The protocol 3.130 was an experimental feature which appeared in
TightVNC 1.3dev1 only (development version). Then its support was
dropped and so it did not ever appear in stable versions.

Protocol 3.130 does not comply with the official RFB specification and
breaks normal RFB protocol interoperability. Due to such compatibility
problems, such protocol variation should not be ever used. That means
TightVNC 1.3dev1 should not be used as well.