Quantcast

File Transfers between servers and viewer computer

File Transfers between servers and viewer computer

Jay Warren
I am running a rather large laboratory and have been experimenting with VNC viewers and servers between the various machines in the lab.  I have a mix of Macs and PCs and have found that running Vine Server and Viewer on my Macs is the best option for me and I run TightVNC on my PCs.  I really need to be able to transfer files between these machines over the VNC as some of the machines are in different locals performing various tasks.  I can see the file transfer button but it appears as a ghost.  I would like to know if I can use the file transfer button, how to use it most efficiently and if there are any ways to get around any problems...like creating a shared folder etc.

Thank you,

--
Jay Warren
Ph.D. Candidate