Explain "Listening Mode" & "Request shared session"

Explain "Listening Mode" & "Request shared session"

Gerry-31
Using TIGHT VNC Viewer options screen....Question 1 ....please explain what specifically what happens when I click to activate the "listening mode"?

Question 2...Please explain when I check & uncheck the box "Request shared session"?  Thanks   Gerry

Spiral_notebook.jpg (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Explain "Listening Mode" & "Request shared session"

Constantin Kaplinsky
Gerry,

> Question 2...Please explain when I check & uncheck the box "Request shared session"?

This allows several clients share the same VNC session. If this option
is not set, only one client can be connected to the same TightVNC
Server. If a new "non-shared" client is connected, existing clients are
disconnected, or new connection is dropped, depending on the server's
configuration.