Error on restart of remote windows machine?

Error on restart of remote windows machine?

Michael D. Setzer II
When I am remotely vnced into a Windows XP machine, and the
the system restart I will see the following error.

exception unknown software exception 0xc0000417 location
0x00485d3c

I click ok, and sometime it continues on and reboots, but other
times the machine will just lock up.

I'm currently 7 timezones away from these machines, so I have to
contact someone to reset the machines. Didn't see this before the
latest version updates.

  Michael D. Setzer II -  Computer Science Instructor
  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:[hidden email]
  mailto:[hidden email]
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu (Original)
Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
Processing time:  32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI        12503552.484157   |   EINSTEIN     8149098.489852
ROSETTA      4716607.246432   |   ABC         14101671.686015

Re: Error on restart of remote windows machine?

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Michael,

> When I am remotely vnced into a Windows XP machine, and the
> the system restart I will see the following error.
>
> exception unknown software exception 0xc0000417 location
> 0x00485d3c

We are aware of this problem and were able to reproduce it in our local
environment. The bug will be fixed in next version of TightVNC which is
scheduled for August.

Thank you!

--
Best Regards,