Doesn't ask for password on initial install

Doesn't ask for password on initial install

Garber, Jenny IT

I'm trying to run TightVNC 1.3.9 Server as a service on a Windows Server 2003 and the first start after install did not ask for a password.  I've tried setting password from the tray and from the Start Programs>TightVNC>Admin>Show Default Settings and neither will apparently reset the password.  The viewer is running on Windows XP and receives authentication errors.  (We have successful ran on other machines with no problems.)  There is no firewall on the server or viewer side as this is over a company LAN.  Is there a way I can set the password through the registry or does anyone have other ideas?

TightVNC is the only product I have gotten this far.  UltraVNC and RealVNC just hang up.  Unless there is a network card block there is no reason to believe that port 5900 is blocked.  How can I check that port to see if that is the problem?