Disable the new connection button

Rejean Fortin
Hello everyone,

i plan to use tightVNC on some of my computer.

I wil do some some shorcut to get acces to the desired computer and i want to prevent the user to create a new connection to another computer !

Is there a way to disable the new connection button or any command line option to disable the possibility to connect to a different computer.

1- Sorry for my poor english
2- im not a programmer so im not able to modify the source
3- OK if you are a GURU and are able to explain me how to chage the source , it could be fine

Thanks to all !

Réjean

Re: Disable the new connection button

Patrick Shoaf
As far as I know, there is no way to prevent a user from attempting to make a connection to a remote computer.  There are ways to prevent the connection completing, they are:
  • Require a password to connect. Use a different password for each station on only provide password to people who need to connect.
  • Via Access Control, only allow connection from specific IP addresses.
  • If you use a password to connect, you can establish the connection the first time, setup the password, then save the setup including password to the desktop.  When user opens, config file, it auto-connects to one system using saved information.  The file is name.vnc, and is a text file, but the password is stored in an encrypted format.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

On 2/9/2016 5:33 PM, Rejean Fortin wrote:
Hello everyone,

i plan to use tightVNC on some of my computer.

I wil do some some shorcut to get acces to the desired computer and i want to prevent the user to create a new connection to another computer !

Is there a way to disable the new connection button or any command line option to disable the possibility to connect to a different computer.

1- Sorry for my poor english
2- im not a programmer so im not able to modify the source
3- OK if you are a GURU and are able to explain me how to chage the source , it could be fine

Thanks to all !

Réjean

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment