Control more than one Computer by remote at same time

Control more than one Computer by remote at same time

Christoph Viebig
Hi,

Are there many changes on code necessary to support controlling more than
one computer by remote at same time?
I'm asking because this would make changing/updating/installing/. something
on many identical computers much easier.

I think you only have to login on all computers and send mouse and keyboard
input to them and only receive graphical output from one of the controlled
computers.
The only requirement is that all computers must have an identical
configuration.

Is it possible to realise this or will be too many changes on thightVNC
client code necessary? Or do you know a project that supports such things?

Best regards
Christoph Viebig

Re: Control more than one Computer by remote at same time

Christoph Viebig
Are you sure?

If I remember right, mouse cursers were on same position after boot, but I'm
not sure about. I can check it on Friday or Monday.

Is there a possibility to set cursors after connecting to vnc server on one
special position? Maybe you can set cursor on center of screen or in one
corner. Or bether you can move the mouse to bottom and left for some
seconds. After that all mouse cursors will be at this corner, because cursor
doesn't leaves screen when it reaches the 'end' of screen.
Right?

That would be interesting, but consider the following issue:

windows wouldn't open up in the same location across multiple computers,
even if they had identical configuration.

http://www.spreadfirefox.com