Quantcast

Control-left click-drag

Alicia Viskoe

I’m using TightVNC to work remotely on a Xcode project.  If I am running on the MacBook directly I can create an Action by holding down the control key, clicking the Force Touch pad and dragging.  How do I do the same action from a TightVNC remote login?

Alicia

CP Stacked Logo

Alicia Viskoe

Senior Software Engineer

CartoPac International, Inc.

[hidden email]

970.305.1377 (cell)

FW: Control-left click-drag

Alicia Viskoe

I’m running TightVNC from a PC.  Going to full screen did not help.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Alicia

From another Mac or a PC or what?

I have found that when remoting to my Mac from my PC, I cannot use the alternate keys (Windows key for CMD key for example) unless I put TightVNC into full screen mode. This forces the key to go out over TIghtVNC instead of being accepted by my PC.

However, I'm guessing you can't do a "force touch" action from another machine unless, possibly, it also has force touch.