Connecting to VNC Server installed on Windows Server 2012

Connecting to VNC Server installed on Windows Server 2012

Guy Gilead
Hi all

i've installed TightVNC server on my remote Windows Server2012
when trying to connect i get a message: Connection has been gracefully closed

the only was i managed to connect via VNC was while the Remote Desktop Connection was running and connected to that Server
then if I close the Remote Desktop Connection, the VNC will immediately stop and I get the same message:  Connection has been gracefully closed

therefor - only way i'm able to be connected is while the Remote Desktop Connection is simultaneously running

what need to be fixed in order to allow the VNC to run normally?

thank you

Re: Connecting to VNC Server installed on Windows Server 2012

Patrick Shoaf
I have removed VNC from all Windows servers that are connected to via RDP.  RDP & VNC apparently fight each other. VNC sessions are terminated if someone connects or diconnects via RDP.  RDP sometimes refuses to allow a connection if a previous VNC session did not log out.  All kinds of wierd things.  VNC only allows connection to a windows "console" session, not to a RDP session.

Patrick Shoaf
IT Special Projects
[hidden email]

Model Cleaners, Uniforms & Apparel
Model Ohio Enterprises dba The Fussy Cleaners

100 Third Street
Charleroi, PA 15022
Direct Dial: 724-565-2033
724-489-4386 Fax
www.modelcleaners.com
www.modelapparel.com
www.modeluniforms.com
www.thefussycleaners.com

On 4/5/2015 6:19 PM, Guy Gilead wrote:
Hi all

i've installed TightVNC server on my remote Windows Server2012
when trying to connect i get a message: Connection has been gracefully closed

the only was i managed to connect via VNC was while the Remote Desktop Connection was running and connected to that Server
then if I close the Remote Desktop Connection, the VNC will immediately stop and I get the same message:  Connection has been gracefully closed

therefor - only way i'm able to be connected is while the Remote Desktop Connection is simultaneously running

what need to be fixed in order to allow the VNC to run normally?

thank you

pshoaf.vcf (350 bytes) Download Attachment