Compile Problem

Raena Lea-Shannon-2
Installing Tightvnc.1.3.9 unix on Gutsy Kubuntu

Compiling Xvnc I get make error
: *** No rule to make target `../.././/../libvncauth/libvncauth.a', needed by
`Xvnc'.  Stop.

I have searched and cannot see a fix.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Compile Problem

> Installing Tightvnc.1.3.9 unix on Gutsy Kubuntu
>
> Compiling Xvnc I get make error : *** No rule to make target
> `../.././/../libvncauth/libvncauth.a', needed by `Xvnc'.  Stop.

You should compile programs in the upper level directory first. Like this:

  cd vnc_unixsrc
  Xmkmf
  make World

And then

  cd Xvnc
  ./configure
  make

See the README file for more information on building TightVNC.

Re: Compile Problem

Raena Lea-Shannon-2
On Thursday 22 November 2007 13:41:39 Constantin Kaplinsky wrote:

> Hello,

> > Installing Tightvnc.1.3.9 unix on Gutsy Kubuntu
> >
> > Compiling Xvnc I get make error : *** No rule to make target
> > `../.././/../libvncauth/libvncauth.a', needed by `Xvnc'.  Stop.
>
> You should compile programs in the upper level directory first. Like this:
>
>   cd vnc_unixsrc
>   Xmkmf
>   make World
>
> And then
>
>   cd Xvnc
>   ./configure
>   make
>
> See the README file for more information on building TightVNC.

Hi,
Thanks. Followed that advice and am having initial problem here:

raena@kubuntufl:~/DownloadApps/vnc_unixsrc$ xmkmf
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:13: error: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.