Client Unable to Connect to Host

Bob-369
I've had no problems with the Tight VNC program until now. The last time I connected to the host (server), I clicked on a .JPG image an selected "view in Windows Explorer." I shut down the host machine properly, but now I can't connect to it anymore. The prompt tells me that either the host can't be found, or that it's taking too long.

The only way I see to repair this is to connect the old monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the host machine and reinstall the Tight VNC program, which is very inconvenient. Doe anyone know of any other cure?

RES: Client Unable to Connect to Host

Josias Martins Jr

Hi Bob,

If you are able to connect to your host using a client machine at least from inside the same local network, than it means you probably don’t need to reinstall the tight VNC program.

There are mainly 2 possibilities for correcting your problem of not connecting from the internet:

1)      Your router must have a port forwarding configured to direct port 8900 to your server IP address.  Maybe it has lost that configuration.

2)      You firewall must be configured to let data from and in port 8900 flow through.

Good luck

Re: RES: Client Unable to Connect to Host

Arfin Greebly

Re: RES: Client Unable to Connect to Host

Bob-369
I think I have some problems in the host PC because it now goes into an endless loop of opening and closing one of the optical trays when I try to boot it. I'm going to attach the original monitor, keyboard, and mouse to it and see what gives. I'll let you know in a couple of days.

Thank all for the help and suggestions. Very kind of you.

Bob Stevens
Darlington, SC

RES: RES: Client Unable to Connect to Host

Josias Martins Jr
Bob,
Correction:  Port forwarding is 5900 and not 8900.
Josias

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 13 de maio de 2013 18:28
Para: Tight VNC List
Assunto: Re: RES: Client Unable to Connect to Host