Cannot connect to Ubuntu 14.04 machines

Anthony Rooney

Hi

I have been using Tight VNC to connect to my 10.04 Ubuntu machine for years but noticed that it will not connect to two different workstations running Ubuntu 14.04 and another running 14.10.  I have enabled remote desktop viewing in all cases.  I get the cryptic error message “No security types supported”.  I’m using the default preferred protocol Tight which works with the 10.10 machine so what has changed with Ubuntu 14.04 /10?

How do I fix?

Kind Regards

Anthony