Can't save local cursor shape in .vnc file

Can't save local cursor shape in .vnc file

Joe Smith-14
Hi all

I can't seem to save the local cursor shape option in the .vnc file, I tried to change the localcursor value in the .vnc file but to no avail. Any ideas?

[connection]
host=Not shown =p
port=5900
[options]
use_encoding_0=1
use_encoding_1=1
use_encoding_2=1
use_encoding_3=0
use_encoding_4=1
use_encoding_5=1
use_encoding_6=1
use_encoding_7=1
use_encoding_8=1
preferred_encoding=5
restricted=0
viewonly=0
fullscreen=1
8bit=0
shared=1
swapmouse=0
belldeiconify=0
emulate3=0
emulate3timeout=100
emulate3fuzz=4
disableclipboard=0
localcursor=1
fitwindow=0
scale_den=1
scale_num=1
cursorshape=0
noremotecursor=0
compresslevel=-1
quality=6

Thanks

Re: Can't save local cursor shape in .vnc file

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Joe,

> I can't seem to save the local cursor shape option in the .vnc file,
> I tried to change the localcursor value in the .vnc file but to no
> avail. Any ideas?

Indeed, I see that there are problems with localcursor handling. This
parameter is in the global settings, and that  means it should not be
saved in .vnc files at all. Instead, its last setting should be
remembered globally. However, in current version, it's saved in both
places, and so there seems to be some mutual interference between these
two types of settings.

That's a bug, thank you for letting me know.