Can't connect to DSL with viewer

Mark-330
I've used the Real VNC Viewer before to connect to
dial-up (by just entering server's IP address) but
this doesn't work when I try to connect to someone
with Qwest DSL. TightVNC looks easier to configure but
same problem.

I'm thinking it's a port setting. The DSL has port
forwarding enabled (80 to 80; is this the correct
configuration?)

Why does DSL need to have a static IP address? It
changes only when you reboot.

He (DSL) can connect to me using the viewer but I
(Cable) can't connect to him using the viewer.

Is there someone out there with Cable who has been
able to connect to DSL?

Re: Can't connect to DSL with viewer

Frank Bax
Mark wrote:
> I've used the Real VNC Viewer before to connect to
> dial-up (by just entering server's IP address) but
> this doesn't work when I try to connect to someone
> with Qwest DSL. TightVNC looks easier to configure but
> same problem.

Some ISP's block default VNC port.  Use a secure tunnel or another port.