Quantcast

Bypass login window viewer

Marco Weinrich
Hello,

if i use the the java in shell to connect to the tightvnc server with e.g:

java -jar /Users/me/Desktop/tvnjviewer-2.7.2-bin/nossh/tightvnc-jviewer.jar -host=192.168.3.255 -port=5900 -password=test

there is a popup with the connection properties shown an i have to click „connect“

Is there any option to bypass this window and connect directly as i already gave all parameters in the command line?

THX Marco

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Bypass login window viewer

B. S.
I asked the same a month ago, to no response. "Linux java viewer (now
with ssh) - how to stop prompt?"
https://sourceforge.net/p/vnc-tight/mailman/vnc-tight-list/thread/5757EBF0.3020401%40gmail.com/#msg35144668

Looking at my vncl alias calls, our command lines are similar - mine
merely adds surrounding, not connection, details.
("-AllowClipboardTransfer -ShareDesktop -CompressionLevel=1
-JpegImageQuality=Lossless  -LocalPointer=On -ColorDepth=8
-ScalingFactor=88 &> /dev/null &")

There appears to be no option such as "-nossh" or "-noprompt" or
"-immediatconnect"/"-directconnect".

The only solution I have come up with is to revert to a pre-ssh version.

I type 'vncl {server}' in the konsole, and voila. Beautiful.

Not so with the ssh versions. I've seen no way around this.

On 07/07/2016 04:07 AM, Marco Weinrich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if i use the the java in shell to connect to the tightvnc server with e.g:
>
> java -jar /Users/me/Desktop/tvnjviewer-2.7.2-bin/nossh/tightvnc-jviewer.jar
> -host=192.168.3.255 -port=5900 -password=test
>
> there is a popup with the connection properties shown an i have to click „connect“
>

> Is there any option to bypass this window and connect directly as i already gave
> all parameters in the command line?

Re: Bypass login window viewer

Constantin Kaplinsky-3
Hello Marco,

We've just released version 2.8.2 of TightVNC Java Viewer and it
introduces a new option:

  -showConnectionDialog : Set to "No" if you do not want to show initial
connection dialog. Default: "Yes".

Please try it and let me know if it works for you.

NOTE: While the downloads for the new version are in place, other parts
of the Web site (news, what's new etc.) are not updated yet. We'll fix
this in the nearest days, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for using TightVNC! :)

--
Best Regards,
Constantin Kaplinsky