Bandwidth spikes

tim

Bandwidth spikes

tim
Hi, I'm using tight VNC on an windows XP machine (server) and windows 7 client. The session is run over a wireless network so bandwidth can be constrained at times.

I'm seeing an odd behaviour where there is a 1 - 3 second spike in the data rate on the VNC port. The data rate jumps by 900kbits/sec which can be a problem for the other users on the network.

The encoding is set to "tight" is there any known issue like this with tight VNC?

RE: Bandwidth spikes

John Serink
What is your screen polling cycle set to?

Hi, I'm using tight VNC on an windows XP machine (server) and windows 7 client. The session is run over a wireless network so bandwidth can be constrained at times.

I'm seeing an odd behaviour where there is a 1 - 3 second spike in the data rate on the VNC port. The data rate jumps by 900kbits/sec which can be a problem for the other users on the network.

The encoding is set to "tight" is there any known issue like this with tight VNC?

tim

Re: Bandwidth spikes

tim
Where can I find that? is it a server side setting?

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM, John Serink <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is your screen polling cycle set to?

Hi, I'm using tight VNC on an windows XP machine (server) and windows 7 client. The session is run over a wireless network so bandwidth can be constrained at times.

I'm seeing an odd behaviour where there is a 1 - 3 second spike in the data rate on the VNC port. The data rate jumps by 900kbits/sec which can be a problem for the other users on the network.

The encoding is set to "tight" is there any known issue like this with tight VNC?

Re: Bandwidth spikes

John Serink
Yup, server setting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.