Quantcast

Attach Listening VNC by command

MosheHelp PC Support

Hello,

I use tight-vnc in listening mode. There is an option of Right-Click on the server icon, than choose "Attach Listening Viewer.." and then you get a windows where the user can type IP or Host of the viewer.

My question: is there any way of doing that in a command, instead of using the GUI (the Right-Clicking on the server icon)?

Thanks,

Mosh

VNC.png (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Attach Listening VNC by command

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Mosh,

> I use tight-vnc in listening mode. There is an option of Right-Click on the
> server icon, than choose "Attach Listening Viewer.." and then you get a
> windows where the user can type IP or Host of the viewer.
>
> My question: is there any way of doing that in a command, instead of using
> the GUI (the Right-Clicking on the server icon)?

Yes. The syntax is as follows:

  tvnserver.exe -controlapp -connect host::port

or

  tvnserver.exe -controlservice -connect host::port

Follow TightVNC on Twitter:   http://www.twitter.com/tightvnc
Purchase technical support:   http://www.tightvnc.com/support.php

Re: Attach Listening VNC by command

MosheHelp PC Support
Hello,
Thanks for your replay
Sure the specified command can do the same functionality. still, I look for a way to bring up the window "Attach Listening Viewer.." to the user by command. (so the user can type IP and see the history of IP using the standard GUI of TightVnc)

Is there any way to show this window by command?

Thanks,
Mosh

Hello Mosh,

[hidden email]   www.MosheHelp.com

Re: Attach Listening VNC by command

Constantin Kaplinsky
Hello Mosh,

> Sure the specified command can do the same functionality. still, I look for
> a way to bring up the window "Attach Listening Viewer.." to the user by
> command. (so the user can type IP and see the history of IP using the
> standard GUI of TightVnc)
>
> Is there any way to show this window by command?

No, unfortunately that's not implemented.